RE: Building A Nationals Winning Car (ESP)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Building A Nationals Winning Car (ESP)
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 00:24:56 +0100
> Peace! I agree with your observations. Please remember that my additions to
> the thread was based on Jeff Winchell's comment that "ESP is a $50k class if
> you ask me".

Dave Shotz spent a whole lot more than the 26.5 he's selling it for. I
imagine the same is true for Sam Stano's car. Assuming you are lucky
enough to find a very good already built car, AND you want to drive that
particular car, then yes, you can spend far less than 50K in ESP for a
nationally competitive car,

OTOH, if you develop it yourself, it costs a lot, even more if you are
starting out with a car you bought new and then modified it (add more if
you don't have the skills to do the mechanical work).

Ask what Dave Shotz has paid in total for his car, or Marcus Meredith, or
John Ames' Camaro SS or the Mustang Cobra where he did an entire
engine swap (perhaps he knew how to save money on the latter since he
works for Ford).
Jeff Winchell
http://PonyCar.Net