Re: Obsolete Cars and Enjoyment

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: Re: Obsolete Cars and Enjoyment
From: Woody Hair <woodym3@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 18:47:00 -0400
So as a model becomes NLC (no longer competitive), why can't it be moved
down to a class where it is competitive?  Keeping the BMW 325i (a sedan)
in BS is a good example of a car that is not competitive in it's class,
but the SCCA could easily move it to a proper class (like GS).  But they
won't.
Woody Hair
88 M3
87 325is

Kelly, Katie wrote:

 If you run in a stock class, the car you drive right
> now (in stock), if it's competitive this year, it might be competitive in
> two or three years, but in four and five years, chances are your car will be
> obsolete. It doesn't matter its make or model. I'm really surprised that no
> one has figured this out yet.
 Car manufacturers are ALWAYS building better and faster cars.