Re: Obsolete Cars and Enjoyment

To: "autocross" <AUTOX@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Obsolete Cars and Enjoyment
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 09:34:53 -0400
> BMW says it best in their lates ads:
>
> the driver loves the car loves the road loves the driver loves the car
loves
> the road loves the driver loves the car loves the road....

I'll drink to that!  That's partly why I want a round taillight 2002
someday.  My Saturn runs circles around my 320i, and would probably beat a
2002 with an equal driver.  But a well equipped 02 is loads of fun.  So is
an M car (my preference), and I'm a big fan of the Z3s as well, but the 02
is affordable.  I'll probably get my backside handed to me on a plate if I
run it in SCCA events, but I'll be driving them for fun, not to win.  Just
like the guy who brings a 1960 Austin Healy to the local BMW CCA events.  He
usually ranks near the bottom of the class, since he runs against cars 30-40
years newer.  But he has at least as much fun as anyone else there - maybe
more, since he's not stressing out about the thousandth of a second putting
him in second instead of first. :)

    - Justin
      95 SC2 "Locutus"
      83 320i "Igor"