Re: SCCA Valvoline Runoffs

To: <HAVOCDEAN@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA Valvoline Runoffs
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:20:10 -0400
Dean, you're not a little biased are you?? :^)
What if you were Ken Payson's brother? :^)

Trust me, I cheered every autocrosser running. The boys in the booth
generally
see the monitors. If the camera isn't pointed the right way, they (and
us)
miss the action. With the amount of rain, I'd give the crew
(talent and technical) a little slack.

When we were in break for GT-4, I had the feed from the
site on two separate monitors (each one for a different "path" from
our
earth station [redundancy is good]). I saw the leader in the CRX
spin and Willie Wright slip by him. I was calling the win at that
point (with no one to listen to me). :^) For those that don't
remember or are too young, Willie he used to run in BSP
against Bruce the green dot. He's another "crappy New
England Region" driver. :^)

Neal did do a great job coming back!

It's a shame that both the SCCA Tire Rack Solo II National
Championship and the SCCA Valvoline Runoffs had so
much rain to contend with.

Matt Murray

mailto:mattm@optonline.net