Re: SCCA Valvoline Runoffs

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SCCA Valvoline Runoffs
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:56:09 EDT
"Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net> wrote :

> Dean, you're not a little biased are you?? :^)
> What if you were Ken Payson's brother? :^)
> Trust me, I cheered every autocrosser running.

Ken is also an ex-autocrosser. I saw his name on the Sterling
Moss NER autox champion trophy when I won it, and he
congratulated me at the awards ceremony. I bought my first
set of "race" tires from him, used,  in 1984 or so.
(Goodyear Eagle GT-S).

> For those that don't remember or are too young, Willie
> used to run in BSP against Bruce the green dot.

I think Wilson could be the best driver to never win a solo-II national
championship. He should have won a few (one year was DQd for
machining his caliper for wheel clearance when he could have machined
the wheels just as easily and legally). He started out running HS in a
VW bug (got FTD at most local events!) then got a Celica GTS.
Another year he blew an engine in his LT1 Vette while leading...

He got discouraged at Solo-II but at his first SCCA runoffs he won
(now 2 in a row!).

> He's another "crappy New England Region" driver. :^)

Aren't we all!

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S Targa, '73 911RS Replica

www.analogman.com/911 - my racing pages

 ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~  vintage guitars   www.analogman.com