Re: SCCA Valvoline Runoffs

To: galligan@gulftel.com, HAVOCDEAN@aol.com
Subject: Re: SCCA Valvoline Runoffs
From: Mdmtrsport@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:56:29 EDT
In a message dated 10/11/99 4:32:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
galligan@gulftel.com writes:

<< I never realized that in-car cameras were dependant on aircraft, i
 wonder if this is true of all in-car cameras.  >>

Yes it is, generally helicopters are used to bounce signal from ground to
satelite. I don't know the exact details, but this is how the system works
over all.

Try getting a decent signal on your DSS when it is raining heavily.
Difficult, and sometimes impossible. But worth it just to have Speedvision.

Mike