seats in stock class

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: seats in stock class
From: MattGent@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 21:18:38 EDT
I guess what I need is a definition of "comfort and convenience".  OK, you
can stop laughing now.

The problem is that my dad doesn't fit in his seat, in proper driving
position, with his helmet on.  He either has to lean over to the side, where
there's a detent for the sunroof, or recline the seat back, which makes him
reach his arms out more than ideal.

Now, we're not exactly running at nationals here, but I'd like to be legal to
the letter anyways.  The way I see it, we can swap seats or modify the stock
seat.  An aftermarket seat is obvious, and specifically illegal.  I think I
can fabricate some mounts to drop the seat about an inch.

Am I being paranoid about even asking?  The chances of anyone noticing are
next to nil, and it doesn't enhance the performance of the car at all.

Do you guys take a helmet to the dealer when you look at a new car?

Matt