Re: seats in stock class

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>, MattGent@aol.com
Subject: Re: seats in stock class
From: Grant Heffernan <granth@sco.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:08:17 -0400
I think his point was that his father's a big guy... the stock seat
DECREASES his performance because it's uncomfortable.  Whether or not this
means he should be allowed to get an aftermarket seat and still run stock
is another matter.  My point is only that he's not looking to change the
seat specifically as a performance enhancement.

At 11:34 AM 10/13/99 -0400, Mark Sirota wrote:
>MattGent@aol.com wrote:
> > ... it [lowering the driver's seat in Stock category] doesn't enhance
> > the performance of the car at all.
>
>Why not?  Are you suggesting that your father won't go any faster with
>a lower seat?  Aren't you suggesting lowering it so that he can go
>faster?  If so, then a lower seat would enhance the performance of
>the car/driver package (which is what matters).
>
> > Do you guys take a helmet to the dealer when you look at a new car?
>
>Yes.
>
>Mark

Grant M. Heffernan
Field Systems Engineer