RE: Camber kit question

To: "alan.chapman@wwgsolutions.com" <alan.chapman@wwgsolutions.com>,
Subject: RE: Camber kit question
From: Lindsay Wilson <lwilson1@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:53:03 -0600
OK, let's look at chapter 13 of the Solo2 rules.

Specifically 13.8 SUSPENSION  2nd paragraph,
last sentence.

        "However, no suspension part may be modified for the
          purpose of adjustment unless such modification is
          specifically authorized by the factory shop manual for
          non-competition purposes."

So if the factory authorizes the use of a camber kit to adjust camber,
that kit will be legal for use in Stock class.  I believe the Neons, Rabbits,
Golfs and others are allowed the use of concentric bolts because the bolts
are a factory authorized method of adjusting camber.  Further, the factory
authorization could be in the form of a TSB (technical service bulletin)
which is considered part of the service manual, no?

        Lindsay