RE: Camber kit question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Camber kit question
From: alan.chapman@wwgsolutions.com
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:13:07 -0400

These are great points, however I'm not sure what the dealer meant by telling me
that the cars tend to need more adjustment than the factory adjustments allow.
They didn't necessarily say that parts would have to be bent or damaged for this
to occur, although common sense says something had to have bent!  The camber
kits I'm certain are not Nissan.  Nissan told me if they had done the alignment
they would have just gotten it as close as possible but left it out of spec
because they can't authorize the use of aftermarket kits.  I'll have to check
and see if there are any factory technical bulletins on the subject.  If they do
make a shim I would lose hunderds of dollars to switch over.

"Linnhoff, Eric" wrote:
> So, camber plates are not legal for Stock Class cars but the shim kit
> that the Nissan technician is talking using about is very legal.

Only if it's a Nissan part (with a regular part number), and the
service manual authorizes its use for non-competition purposes.

My interpretation of Alan's original message was that the "camber kit"
he mentioned was not a Nissan part, nor was the technician a Nissan (or
dealer) employee.  Did I misunderstand?

Mark