Re: Z Camber Kit Question

To: "Carl Merritt" <cmerritt@ati.com>, <alan.chapman@wwgsolutions.com>
Subject: Re: Z Camber Kit Question
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 14:17:43 -0500
>If you put in adjustable A-Arms from Stillen (the main people who make such
>things for the Z), this would TECHNICALLY move you into SP.

Nope.  Prepared at least.  There is nothing in the Street Prepared rules
which allows you to replace suspension control arms with aftermarket items.
Trust me, as a Europa owner, I read that part of the rule book.  Adjustable
control arms are very popular Europa mods.  Not legal in ASP.  The only
legal method of which I am aware to adjust camber on a Europa is offset
bushings.  You must cook your own, as there is not a lot of market for such
a thing in the Europa world.

[I retract my statement if the adjustable A-Arms from Stillen are actually
stock arms retrofitted with offset bushings, but I really doubt that is how
they work.)

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro (FOR SALE), Saturn SL2, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/