Re: dominant cars in "new" HS?

To: Lindsay Wilson <lwilson1@ford.com>
Subject: Re: dominant cars in "new" HS?
From: Jamie Sculerati <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:01:04 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Lindsay Wilson wrote:

> Any opinions on what will be the dominant cars(s) in the 'new' HS,
> now that the Celica ST is out?

If they're not making a distinction between the Civic EX coupe and EX
sedan, I could see the sedan doing pretty well -- this is essentially a
four-door version of the old Civic Si Coupe with the 127 hp VTEC engine.
Really peaky engine but surprisingly easy to chuck around.  I keep telling
my wife I'm going to borrow her car some Sunday....

I'm still kicking myself for letting my wife sell her 1st-gen Integra --
of course that was a few years before they moved it from ES to HS.  I
think the Civic is a better choice, though -- the chassis feels much
tighter and I like the steering better.

BMW 318 with a limited-slip?  Who let *that* into HS...? :)  Would be a
really tough package to beat -- think it'll be there more than a year?

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr