Re: A friendly tip

To: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Subject: Re: A friendly tip
From: Josh Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:21:25 -0700
John Steczkowski wrote:

> I use the fog lights on my car a lot.... They are great for illuminating the
> shoulder on country roads. You can see deer A LOT better with fog lights
> than without....After your fog lights help you miss a few deer, you to will
> become a fog-light bonehead (anybody remember that thread?)

        Absolutely. I run my foglights pointed outwards by about 15-20 degrees.
It really helps seeing through the turns on unlit tight and twisty roads
(like mine). And John's comment about avoiding deer is very very true.
That, and deer whistles. I think they really do work. I've been with,
and without them. Without, the deer usually seem surprised by my driving
up. With, they're already looking in my direction by the time I see
them, and frequently running away.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/