Re: What happened to the Neon?

To: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: What happened to the Neon?
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:39:28 -0600
Scott Meyers wrote:

> I noticed this also, and also know that the 2000 Neon is 150# *heavier* that
> the earlier versions. Even if they come back with the ACR model with the twin
> cam engine, it will not be as fast. Maybe with the Chrysler 2.4 engine it will
> have a chance...  :-). Naw, they wouldn't, would they?
>
> Even if it comes with 15" rims and other goodly stuff, I just don't see it
> beating the early ACR's.
>
> Anyone else out there have specific details on the 2000 ACR or R/T, if there
> are such beasts?
>
> Scott Meyers

New ACR's will have SOHC engines rated at what the DC guys call a *real*
150 hp.  Better than this is the torque curve.  Looking at a torque
graph, it was clear that the new engine has significantly more available
torque at much lower revs.  Very flat curve achieved with dual intake
runners, and should be excellent for AX.  Bunch of other goodies I can't
remember.  The chassis, while a little heavier is supposed to have
vastly improved stiffness, something I know my Neon needs!  I don't know
of course, but I wouldn't be too quick to write them off.  Hate the way
they look though.

PLW