Re: What happened to the Neon?

To: Chris Marsh <cmarsh90@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: What happened to the Neon?
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:49:17 -0600
Chris Marsh wrote:

> I think I'm repeating old info here, but as I remember Chrysler pulled much
> of their contingency money for amateur racing and are going to field a
> NASCAR "car" in the near future, so it seems that since they aren't worried
> about amateur racers anymore they are making the neon less racer friendly as
> well.

While your facts are correct, I'm not so sure about your conclusion that
DC is no longer interested about amateur racers.  It's a lot deeper than
that.  Nor do I beleive that the NASCAR deal is related to the SCCA
deal.  My opinion?  Look for DC and SCCA to reach parity, and
contingency to return after next year for the new Neon ACR.  Just a
guess.

PLW