RE: Letter to SEB / ESP

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Letter to SEB / ESP
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 00:13:40 -0800
=============================
>Every few years or so the Stock classes get upset when a newer, better,
>faster car arrives and dethrones back an older winning car.

And the people that don't like that, consider that when deciding if they'll
move into non-stock classes.

The amount of time people in SP, P and M classes put into their cars is
so far beyond what people do to stock cars, it's no wonder they object
LOUDLY to people wanting to change things on them every few years.

You can buy a stock car, change the shocks and tires, and then sell it
again later, for not much less than what normal depreciation costs are.

You try to put a boatload of money into a SP, P and M car and sell that
when someone whimsically renders your car uncompetitive, and you're
looking at a HUGE financial loss.

But you know, maybe you've brought out an important point.

I wonder if most of the people who primarily drive in stock classes,
who are calling us whiners in ESP

 just have a completely different point of view because they don't
understand the time and money investment necessary to build a
competitive SP car.