RE: Letter to SEB / ESP

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Letter to SEB / ESP
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:40:27 -0600
But you know, maybe you've brought out an important point.

I wonder if most of the people who primarily drive in stock classes,
who are calling us whiners in ESP

 just have a completely different point of view because they don't
understand the time and money investment necessary to build a
competitive SP car.
============================
Perhaps.  It may well take less money to "build" a Stock car but the tuning
time for the top dog Stock cars is arguably just as long.  Probably more so
as while workign with the Stock Class rules the competitor must find "other"
ways to make the car do what he/she wants it to do.

In the long run I'll bet a top dog Stock Class competitor will actually
spend more money as they need to get the new "hot" car every few years or so
while the typical SP (not to mention Prepared and Mod) cars can usually
remain competitive for many more years.  Unless of course some new hot dog
car comes into the class and renders everything else obsolete.  ;^)

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"If someone offers you a breath mint, accept it."
H. Jackson Brown, Jr. - Life's Little Treasure Book, on wisdom