Re: Letter to SEB / ESP

Subject: Re: Letter to SEB / ESP
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:30:11 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Rocky Entriken wrote:
> That is a fairly reasonable statement. The main problem I find with it is
> that for the great majority of us, this ain't business. It's something we do
> for the fun of it. And the fun is found as much in just driving your car as
> fast as its setup and your skill level will take it, and then being with
> your buds and lying about how much faster you really were. If winning is a
> requirement for you to have fun, maybe a pastime where you have at least a
> 1-in-2 chance of winning, like checkers, is where you want to be.

I can't speak for anyone else, but part of the fun factor for me is
knowing that the _car_ isn't in the way of me doing well.  If I knew that
the absolute best I could hope for was mid-pack or something even if I ran
the best run anyone's ever run, that would suck.

Like you said, we all do this for fun.  How much fun do you think ESP
folks are having when they point out that the M3 is mis-classed and
everyone tells them that its fine, they suck as drivers, and to quit
whining?

Mark