RE: Letter to SEB / ESP

Subject: RE: Letter to SEB / ESP
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:05:56 -0600
Like you said, we all do this for fun.  How much fun do you think ESP
folks are having when they point out that the M3 is mis-classed and
everyone tells them that its fine, they suck as drivers, and to quit
whining?
=============================
Every few years or so the Stock classes get upset when a newer, better,
faster car arrives and dethrones back an older winning car.  It's called
natural selection.  We might even see the deposing of the mighty Neons if
the Stock Class re-org proposal goes through and the evil Type Rs get put in
the same class.  Such is life imitating nature.

Who ever said that the SP classes are immune from that same affliction?  Are
the 3rd gen Camaros still winning?  If not you must ask why?  How about the
old muscle cars of the 60's and 70's?  Are they still competitive in the SP
classes?  Or did better cars come along?  What happens with the 5th gen
Camaro comes along and the 4th gen cars are no longer competitive?

It seemed like a fairly quick move getting the E36 M3 into ESP, why the
delay in moving it again?  Does the SEB actually want to see if someone else
besides Bob T. can take the European pony car into the winner's circle
before they decide it to not be a good fit in ESP and move it again?  I, as
I suspect they are doing, would much rather base any such moves on what the
car is capable of doing in numerous hands rather than just relying on one
person's stellar driving to class the car.

In summation;  Is every car supposed to be competitive in every class,
forever??  Ideally, yes.  Realistically, no.  Perhaps natural selection is
at work here.

Sorry I couldn't work the "word for the week", segue, into this rant
somehow.  ;^)  I swear, if I hear that word one more time this week I'm
gonna hurl.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"If someone offers you a breath mint, accept it."
H. Jackson Brown, Jr. - Life's Little Treasure Book, on wisdom