Help with a Honda CV

To: autox@autox.team.net, wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com
Subject: Help with a Honda CV
From: Scott Sawyer <reddog_es22@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 10:24:16 -0500
Need some help changing out a CV on a 91 Civic Si. Wheel, brake caliper,
rotor, and wheel nut have already been removed. To get the CV out I
(think I) need to unbolt the suspension piece under the CV whick will
allow me to get it out.  The splitter I borrowed from the parts store is
basically a fork that you beat in and it spreads the joint. I think this
joint has a bearing in it (rubber dust cover over it) so I'm afraid I
will damage the joint if I use the spreader. Am I splitting the right
joint? Should I have a different type of spreader? I was thinking that a
C- clamp might work to push it out. Any suggestions (besides pay someone
else to do it)? Normally |'d ask a teamate who has done it before but
everyone has gone home for the holiday weekend. TIA!

Scott Sawyer
'91 Civic Si  HS 22
Team Underdog Racing, Underdog F&C
http://www.teamunderdog.com/