Re: Help with a Honda CV

To: toddf@pop.tamu.edu
Subject: Re: Help with a Honda CV
From: Scott R Sawyer <reddog_es22@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:05:02 -0500
Of course being broke I went to AutoZone because they were cheap and it
was near the house. Let me guess... the vibration I am getting under
acceleration is exactly the kind of thing that you would get from a bad
one, right? It doesn't do it in steady state driving or under
deceleration, only when speeding up. Sound right?

Scott Sawyer
'91 Honda Civic Si, HS 22
Team Underdog Racing, Unbderdog F&C
http://www.teamunderdog.com

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:41:14 -0600 Todd Farris <toddf@pop.tamu.edu>
writes:

> Got to agree with Charlie on this note but, many of the remans also
> carry
> lifetime warranties whereas the dealer is usually 12 month/ 12,000
> mile
> warranty.  I have installed remans that were junk out of the box and
> have
> also had good luck with most of them.  If you can find out who the
> rebuilder is, I suggest Moog first, A1 cardone second and nothing
> else
> third!8-))  Whatever you do, don't even bother with Autozone shafts,
> or
> most anything else they sell!  Spend the extra dollars to get a good
> part
> from any of the major part sellers.
>
> As for preference, I believe shafts are the best way to go because
> no one
> ever services either joint according to their owner's manual.
> Generally,
> if a boot breaks, it is an outer two or three times before an inner
> breaks
> and the grease broke down a long time before.
>
> my .02
>
> Napa guy
> Turbo Toddie
> Todd Farris