Re: Help with a Honda CV

To: "Scott Sawyer" <reddog_es22@juno.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help with a Honda CV
From: "Jim Hedderick" <jhedderick@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:28:56 -0600
Scott,

I replaced the CV boots on my Honda yesterday. I think the fork will damage
the grease seal, so I didn't use mine. I bought a cheap tie rod end breaker,
about $7 from Harbor Freight. The Honda ball joints are so small that this
tool fits. You will also need to be careful popping the inner CV joint loose
from the transmission. There is an oil seal there, but a whack on a
carefully positioned chisel will pop it out and not damage the seal.

Jim Hedderick