RE: Course design at Meridian

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Course design at Meridian
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:09:00 -0800
> Hehe... those BS Mr2 Spyders must have had the
> optional turbo installed!  They were running less than
> a second off Super-Stock in the dry at the fast five
> shootout in the afternoon.  And BS killed FS's time in
> the shootout (sorry Alex - I know you didn't get
> enough dry time), so I humbly disagree that power was
> all that mattered.

It is not like the Spyder is a low powered car, specially relative to it's
weight. Factor in it's linear power band, and that car moves pretty quickly.
Check out http://www.isthistoyota.com/mr2club/default.htm and click on AMCI
Test under Performance. Watch the video of the acceleration of this car
against a Porsche Boxster. Not too shabby. :-)

Now if a truly slow car was close to SS times, then you have a very slow
course.

Randy Chase
MR2, but slower than a Spyder

Heard about "Ginger"?