RE: Course design at Meridian

To: "JCGZ3" <jcgz3@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Course design at Meridian
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:21:27 -0800
> Talk about manipulated statistics.  I'd like to see a more
> "complete" test,
> with the Boxster on the 17" wheels (nobody, I mean nobody get's a boxster
> with the narrow 16" wheels).

I think the point is not how well the Spyder does against a Boxster, it was
more that the Spyder is *not* a slow car and only looking at horsepower is
also misleading. It's 0-60 times are quite respectable...regardless of the
comparison car. To use the Spyder's reults relative to SS, as an example of
why a course must not be a "horsepower" course is not quite as accurate as
using a car with a slower than 7 second 0-60 times.

But it is noted that Porsche did not pay for those tests or the webspace....
Toyota did. :)

P.S. If you look closely, you may recognize the test venue...Qualcomm.

Randy Chase