Course Design at meridian

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Course Design at meridian
From: Alek Tziortzis <alextz@comm.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 10:09:36 -0600
The saturday course was much better for Fstock in general. I beat BS on
raw time by about .5 seconds. Thats cause there was no turn over 180
degrees.

On sunday, that crossover and turnaround was really a 240 degree turn.
The Camaro doesnt do those manuevers really well, having a big turning
radius, and no camber (160 degrees of that turnaround was off camber),
and a car that is 16 feet long with a 101 inch wheelbase.

BTW, I never hit 3rd either day. My 2nd gear goes up to probably 74 mph
with the 275/45/16 hoosiers. In fact I have never hit 3rd gear at a SCCA
national level event.

I think horsepower (torque really) cars shine when you get pinched off
and even the smallest cars (neons,miatas) have to scrub off speed, the
torque cars really gain time in those areas. Speed maintenance courses
(even if they have long straights) really dont favor horsepower cars.

All in my opinion.

Alex Tziortzis
Fstock