Re: Tweaked sway bar

To: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>,
Subject: Re: Tweaked sway bar
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:56:40 -0600
You bonehead!  Just kidding, I'm not a Neon Pilot, but I am a member of the
bigger rear sway bar club....

Was the straight part of the rod still "straight", meaning the bending
up/down was from torsion only?  Or, are the elbows of the arms not touching
the ground?

Assuming it is torsion caused, I would think any combination of autox,
normal driving, jacking/unjacking, or uneven load.  Usually, for metal to
bend, it takes a large deflection in one direction to make a small change in
the bend.  Skimpy stock sway bars are probably known for not staying
straight.

My bet is jacking/unjacking is what did it.  I've been scared I'm going to
break endlinks because if I jack up one side from the front, the rear goes
up too because of the sway bar, so I try to jack up both wheels the same
amount or d/c the bar first.

Brian