Re: SM2 Stuff

To: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: SM2 Stuff
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 10:59:35 -0500
> Your typical Miata is not so light that you'd have to add much ballast.
Mine weighs 2100 lb in autocross trim (i.e., no spare/jack/etc. and maybe a
gallon of fuel).  It's a base model with no A/C, no power anything, and an
aftermarket stereo.  If I added a turbo that might bring me up another 40-50
pounds.

> A good scenario under the proposed minimum weight requirements would be to
just get an early A or B package Miata and turbo that.  It would be right
around the minimum without any major effort.

And that car would get trounced by a maximum effort that removed as much
weight as possible and relocated advantageously.

Paul Foster