Re: SM2 Stuff

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: SM2 Stuff
From: Scot Zediker <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:11:57 -0500 (EST)
------Original Message------
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
To: team.net <autox@autox.team.net>, Dan Bettis <140mhz24@isoc.net>
Sent: March 30, 2001 2:17:40 PM GMT

> > Buy a Miata and switch the badges.
>
> Then I'd be complaining about the costs of having to add all
> that depleted Uranium at key places on the car...

Your typical Miata is not so light that you'd have to add much ballast.  Mine
weighs 2100 lb in autocross trim (i.e., no spare/jack/etc. and maybe a gallon
of fuel).  It's a base model with no A/C, no power anything, and an aftermarket
stereo.  If I added a turbo that might bring me up another 40-50 pounds.

A good scenario under the proposed minimum weight requirements would be to just
get an early A or B package Miata and turbo that.  It would be right around the
minimum without any major effort.

Scot