Re: SM2 Stuff

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SM2 Stuff
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:47:50 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
To: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>; <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 5:21 PM

> A totally gutted 944 variant would be in the 2400-2500 lb range. The
heavier
> turbo engine would probably add 50 lbs or so. Of course it would not be
> street legal which I do believe is a requirement. There is no way in hell
> get it to 2200 lbs.

"Street legal" per se is not a requirement for SM.  All that is required is
that the car be registered for the street; apparently, the powers that be
have left it up to the competitor on how this is achieved.

Also, that 2200lb figure is a minimum.  You can still run at 2400 and see if
you can out-drive the guy with the 2200lb car :)

Scot - no dog in this fight, but this kinda stuff is fun to ponder!
'91 non-SM non-Porsche