RE: Emergency Weather (Was: Re: Petition to Keep Speedvision)

To: "Lawrence Lane" <firstcard@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Emergency Weather (Was: Re: Petition to Keep Speedvision)
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 17:02:52 -0700
> In this case, what do people with slicks or racing tires do?
>
> I guess a rainy event is a good event for all those AWD cars!

Yes, you may see the AWD guys with smiles if it rains.

If you are on slicks, you either change tires or not. If you can, you
brought a set of rain tires...treaded racing tires. Or perhaps if it's a
monsoon (San Diego Tour, 1995), you change to street tires and just pray for
the misery to end. A lot of serious competitors carry rain tires.

Some people (specially mod guys that are exposed and on slicks) may choose
to not run.

If you don't change tires and it's very deep out there, you change your
driving style.

Running in the wet is fun and I think a good thing for learning car control.
I dislike working in it though.

Randy Chase
(very rare to have abnormal weather here in San Diego)