Re: Emergency Weather (Was: Re: Petition to Keep Speedvision)

To: n2pua4@peoplepc.com
Subject: Re: Emergency Weather (Was: Re: Petition to Keep Speedvision)
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 01:46:55
"Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com> wrote:

>Thanks for backing me (and that SSS) up on this.
>
>The danger of lightning is greatly underestimated by the
>general public.

For anybody that doesn't know, I work for a private college.
When I was walking past the "death board" at work today, I
noticed a posting for one of our students from the class of
2000, who was killed on June 20th by lightning.  Yes, it
does happen.

Many moons ago, I was out playing golf one day with a few
co-workers.  When I heard the first crack of thunder, I was
off to the clubhouse.  They called me a whimp, and said that
there was still 20 minutes until the storm hit.  I had enough
time to take a leisurely stroll to the clubhouse, order my
cold frosty beverage of choice, and pull up a chair to the
window and watch them run across the 18th fairway in a
downpour.  At least one of us went home 100% dry..... :-)

-Arthur ("Better to be safe than struck" edition.)