RE: New format Pro Solo 2002

To: <awhollis@swbell.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New format Pro Solo 2002
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:56:05 -0700
 Yes cars have emergency brakes, but how will your
> reaction time be on the new lights reaching for the e-brake and not being
> DSQ for having a reaction time greater than .999

If there is a very small slope, I will use the parking brake and then
release it and the friction from the pads seems to help. On a problem start
like we had at Atwater, I pulled the brake up and held it up as the lights
came down (except when I was in the final Open Challenge runs...why? I have
no idea..but thanks to all the people screaming at me that I was not
staged).

It may take a little getting used to, but it works and shouldn't affect your
RT. You still leave at the same point. I am not a big fan of chocking cars.

Now if you have a car that has one of those foot parking brakes....

Randy Chase