RE: New format Pro Solo 2002

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: New format Pro Solo 2002
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:31:21 -0400
"Fine, Kim" <kimfine@teletech.com> wrote:

> My point is  - if they want to mirror our sport off of others, let's use
the
> eqipment they use. Yes cars have emergency brakes, but how will your
> reaction time be on the new lights reaching for the e-brake and not being
> DSQ for having a reaction time greater than .999

Actually, I already use the ebrake on ProSolo launches now - I lost a run
once in my GS days where the clutch grabbed a little at 6000 and rolled the
car forward. So now I pull and hold the ebrake at every launch.

Takes a little hand-eye-foot co-ordination to get right, but it's not
difficult.

Rick Cone [mailto:rickcone@bellsouth.net] wrote:

> As for the 'Pro' tree... hmm, never tried it.  The only issue I have with
> it, is that if I wanted to go practice, I don't know if my local drag
strip
> would turn them on for me.  As far as I know they use a typical
> yellow-yellow-yellow-green start.  Makes it tough to learn a new system.

Not to mention that a "real" Pro tree uses a .400 redlight instead of a
.500.

But it doesn't really matter, I think Howard was just mucking around with
some of the new features of the new equipment. You can't use a Pro tree in
the challenges, because you can't stagger a Pro tree - Pro trees can only
do heads-up.

Given that the Challenges are bracket races, it wouldn't work - and running
Pro trees in qualifying and a Sportsman tree during the Show is just a Bad
Idea.

I don't think it's under serious consideration.

DG

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.