Re: Re: New format Pro Solo 2002

To: Jon Beerman <jbeerman@megsinet.net>
Subject: Re: Re: New format Pro Solo 2002
From: rasmussend@mindspring.com
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 12:29:01 -0400
Jon Beerman <jbeerman@megsinet.net> wrote:
> I think you forgot about the Formula cars.  I don't think they haveparking
>brakes.  In my vast experience of Pro Solo racing (1 event),
the only cars I saw using chocks were the formula guys.

Later,
BeerMan
#71 BSP

CM cars can legally run line locks (I know one guy that does. . . not me but
I've looked into it). I suspect that many of the other Mod class cars without
handbrakes (mechanical or literally reaching out to the tire or the ground like
a couple of people do in AM and Karts)can also legally use line locks. The
problem is that for the occasional Pro Solo Mod competitor this would be one
more reason why people would stop running even one Pro a year. Basically it is
$50 to $100 in parts and a day or so of thinking and installing. Wheel chocks
are easy (except for the effort my wife has to make on a hot day to chock my
car!!!). Also, staging a Mod car with a racing clutch on a typical Pro Solo
bumpy start area is not easy.

I would probably install the line lock. However, I suspect very few other Mod
class owners would do so which means they won't attend any more Pros.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85