Re: Ladies Classes

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Ladies Classes
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 10:53:34 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> What needs to change is attitude.  We need to support women, whatever their
> choice in classes is.  When Mary and Lynn ran against each other for the
> F/S-L National championship, NO one could say that was an easy win for either
> of them!  There's no easy victory if you're running against Katie Elder or
> Kelly, Stacy Reitmeir, Kay Bailey, Shauna Marinus (as a whole bunch of ASP
> guys found out), whether they are running in Ladies or open classes.  Let's
> just work on our attitudes and let the women decide where they want to run!
>
> Charlie Davis

Ok, here's my attitude:  when women run as fast or faster than I do, I
give them all credit for their performance while wishing they would go
away and die in a corner - just like I do with the men who run faster than
I do!

When they run in the same cars as the men and go substantially slower, and
then stand up and collect first place and championship trophies, I think
what a hollow victory it is - just like I do with the men collecting
trophies in poorly contested classes.

When they do it year after year, I see their stultified growth and
improvement, think back to the demonstrated fallacy of "separate but
equal" categorizations in general, and shake my head at the waste of
potential for paucity of achievement - just like I do with men.

Which part needs improvement, Charlie?

KeS