Re: Ladies Classes

To: Dave Whitworth <dave@wcsllc.net>
Subject: Re: Ladies Classes
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:08:21 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Dave Whitworth wrote:
> > How can you say we're about competition and that Ladies classes make
> > sense in the same message?
>
> We're about competition within classes.  AS & ASL, in my mind are as
> different as AS & AP.  Different class, runs at a different time.  We're
> judged by how our times compare to those in our class, not against some
> magical perfect run, or against some other class.  Why is it different
> between open and ladies class?

In my mind, the difference between AS and ASL is the same as the
difference between green MR2s and red MR2s.  I.e. no performance
difference, just one group happens to be more appealing to some people and
the other to other people.

Given that many / most of the cars in xxL classes are also run in the
corresponding xx class, I think that kinda makes sense.

I still fail to see why the presence or lack of specific types of
genitalia equates to a performance difference.

Mark