Re: Race tire questions

To: "Chris Eckles" <MRoadster@compuserve.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Race tire questions
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:20:52 -0500
It seems to me, do the job right and you are better off than taking needless
shortcuts.

Balance the tires.

If you don't, what have you gained?
If you do, what have you lost (beyond a few bucks)?

They might be okay unbalanced. They WILL be okay balanced. Peace of mind is
worth a tenth. Or more.

If you use stick-on weights, cover them with racer tape. It's that simple,
that basic.

I've been balancing mine for 30 years, never lost a stick-on weight when I
taped over it.

--Rocky Entriken