Re: Historical Research

To: Gabriel Boehm <gabriel@boehm.net>
Subject: Re: Historical Research
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:44:35 -0500
Hi, Gabe!

Sorry for the two-week delay in responding, but I've been up to my -
eyeballs?!? - in alligators and still haven't drained the swamp.  You've
obviously received a lot of feedback already.  But much of the
information you're seeking is also available in back issues of the
Safety Belt.  Go here:  http://www.scca.org/news/tech/seb/index.html

Your Solo Safety Committee has been gathering information from every
Incident Report we've received over the past couple of years and puting
that information into a searchable .xls spreadsheet format.  Our
chairman, Al Mitchell, began the process and then SSC member Dick
Topping picked up the ball and ran with it.  We plan to continue
maintaining that spreadsheet on a year-by-year basis.

Unfortunately, we don't have the time or resources to go back to
previous years and do the same.  But we HAVE tried to compile this
information, on an ongoing basis, since we were appointed to the SSC.
Our intent is to make EVERY member of the SCCA aware of safety issues.
We're not trying to sweep anything under the rug or keep anything
secret.  That's why we've made the Safety Belt available to anybody who
wants to read it on the official SCCA website.  I wish there was an
easier way to get to it.  But, for now, just use the link I've provided.

Hope that helps

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman
Safety Belt Editor
SSC Member