Re: autox stuff- need big wing_

To: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>, <eric@mail.brown911.com>,
Subject: Re: autox stuff- need big wing_
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:09:05 -0500
Yeah, but a sprint car wing is way different from what an A Mod would want.
an AM wing is more along the lines of an Indy car wing or one of Jim Hall's
early Can-Am wings, while the sprint car wing is a big bed mattress with
monster sideplates -- which are asymmetric because it is working in a
dirt-oval turn attitude most of the time.

And, "someone who builds sprint cars" (also Midgets) are not that common.
These are no longer the shade-tree mechanics of yore. Those who work on cars
already built, yes, but there really are not that many builders out there.
Gambler, Maxim, J&J, Beast, and others, they are brand names just like Ford,
Chevy, Dodge and Pontiac. These are shops who are kept busy by a regular
clientele, not some bubba wondering when the next local yokel is gonna walk
in the door and want something to run at the bullring on the edge of town.

For A Mod, you really want to talk to people who have already traveled that
road. They know what the wing needs to be, and how to get it made. They are
approachable people who want to grow their class.

--Rocky Entriken