Re: autox stuff- need big wing_

To: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: autox stuff- need big wing_
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:29:11 -0500
> 9) Ponder what the REAL purpose of this wing is. *
>
> (*for a clue, look at a picture of a sprint car mid-corner as taken from
> the front. See something odd?)
>
> DG

Look closely at the car itself, The biggest semi-unobstructed panel is the
gas tank (in the rear) which typically carries the car number. I say"semi"
because it has nerf bars around it, and the rest of the car is all wheels
and engine. Aha! the wing is there as a place to put the sponsor name and
contingency stickers! And a more easily read number.

;-)

--Rocky (just try to read car numbers on a non-wing Sprint or Midget
sometime!).