minimum weight requirement

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: minimum weight requirement
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:49:05 -0700
Okay...

I've read the Solo rule book cover to cover and can't find the rule
which states how minimum weight is taken, with or without driver, in the
prepared category.  The only mention of weights is that all minimum
weights shall be easily attainable or something like that, which I find
truly humourous.  Everyone says minimum weights are with driver...but
where is the specific rule which states that...if it isn't written then
I take it that the minimum weight could be with driver.

I've been searching for this for a couple weeks now, the reason is the
F-production road race spitfire needs to weigh 1600 with driver and the
Solo rules are 1550 in D prep.  Currently the car weighs in at 1642 with
me in it....so about 1420 without (and under 1400 after I finish with
the winter regiment and fitness program :)    I find it hard to believe
I am going to have to ballast 150lbs to meet the solo weight.  I just
want to be legal while I'm out there, I find no satisfaction in
cheating, but I am always looking for ways to use the rule to it's
fullest extent.

Why not create a rule in the Prepared category that is similar to the
street prepared but states, Cars prepared to the GCR/Production Category
specification may be used.  If the autox community wants to bring out
more road race cars (and I always seem to hear that) a rule of that
nature would be very beneficial.

Aaron Johnson
#37 F-Production Spitfire Mk IV