Re: minimum weight requirement

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: minimum weight requirement
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:14:37 -0700
Jay,

First off, I'm not trying to find an advantage or screw the Solo people or be
a dick about anything or whatever else people out there think...I'm just
trying to clarify how a rule is interpreted.  I've read the book from cover to
cover and what I found is that nowhere does it mention either "Car,"
"Automobile," or "Vehicle" minimum weight.  The only mention is to Minimum
weight.  This doesn't inherently say without driver to me.  It only says the
minimum weight shall be...

the reference to Street prepared was their allowance for Improved Touring cars
to run with IT rules in their respective street prepared class.  Why not allow
production cars the same in prepared.

What would be the basis for losing the appeal?  There is no rule that allows
driver adjustable sway bars in Prepared but a ton of cars have them, so by the
basis of the weight interpretation all of those cars are illegal.

Aaron