Re: minimum weight requirement

Subject: Re: minimum weight requirement
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:24:22 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Aaron Johnson wrote:
> Okay, so the consensus is that it is without driver.  But I still
> maintain I will appeal any disqualification based on minimum weight
> that can be met with the driver in the car.  I have sent my letter
> requesting clarfication

Well, I'm sure the letter will be answered to confirm for you that the
weight is without driver.

One could make a pretty good argument that since it doesn't say one way or
another that one should assume its the weight of the car alone.  After
all, those modified classes that weigh with driver explictly say "weights
shown are with driver".

Regardless, it seems pretty clear what the answer is.  Write the letter.
It wouldn't hurt to add a couple more words to the rulebook.  But try and
not be a dick about it, IMHO.

> and I have also requested that the PCS be allowed to prepare a car for
> autox to allow club racing cars to be used legally, if it works for
> street prepared why not for prepared.

This sentence doesn't parse to me.  What do you mean?  Do you mean that a
car prepped to roadracing rules should be allowed in prepared?  Which
ruleset?  Production?  GT?

> AGAIN...an unwritten rule is not a rule.  Everyone says without driver
> but there is nothing to enforce.

Where does it say "with driver"?

> It also seems many of the minimum weights in prepared are well above
> what is easily possible to attain.  I think a spitfire was 1550 from
> the factory :)

The min weights in CP are pretty good that way, IMHO.  I don't know enough
about the rest of the prepared classes to comment on those.  Don't forget
that weight is also used to balance competitive advantage.

Mark