RE: Numbers

To: "Charles" <golden1@britsys.net>, "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>,
Subject: RE: Numbers
From: "Andy Hollis" <awhollis@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:20:30 -0500
> From: Charles [mailto:golden1@britsys.net]

> Can we compromise on adding wording that markings are not competitor
> protestable then? If we need this specific a rule for a few, then
> we need to
> prevent weenie protests of it from affecting finish order. I'd really hate
> to see people walking around impound with a ruler. That provides a defacto
> exemption for people like us, as long as timing doesn't have a problem
> reading our markings.

People can do this already.  I could easily make a number protest stick on
certain cars even with the current wording.  There's lots of weenie-ish
items that don't really affect performance that can be protested.  But they
don't.  And a Protest Committee would toss it right out.  Look to the
"missing interior trim items" line in the FSP protest at Nats last year for
an example.  That kind of stuff gets a "fix it for next time" ruling.

--Andy