Re: Numbers

To: "Charles" <golden1@britsys.net>, "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>,
Subject: Re: Numbers
From: "Steve Hoelscher" <stevehh@hiwaay.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:43:24 -0500
Chuck wrote:

> Can we compromise on adding wording that markings are not competitor
> protestable then? If we need this specific a rule for a few, then we need
> prevent weenie protests of it from affecting finish order. I'd really hate
> to see people walking around impound with a ruler. That provides a defacto
> exemption for people like us, as long as timing doesn't have a problem
> reading our markings.

That won't work.  I doubt the protest committee would hear the protest of a
number/class letters from a fellow competitor.   Timing and scoring or tech
yes, but another competitor no.  The exception wouldn't solve your problem.
The problem is created when someone gets bounced for illegal/illegible
numbers and he protests because there were other illegal numbers that
weren't bounced.   The exception makes the rule un-enforceable.

Steve Hoelscher
#27 DSP