Re: Lotus Elise

To: "Chuck" <golden1@britsys.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lotus Elise
From: "Pat Salerno" <psalerno77@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:28:18 -0500
Chuck,

I love you!!!....

I figured merely based on what I have read that the board was already
looking to towards SS with this car merely on its 0-60 numbers of about 5
seconds.  Yes, I know its almost a second slower to 60 than a Z06.
I also know that it gives up almost 2 lbs per HP to the vette as well....
In addition, with all the reviews saying just how telepathic the car is I
once again figured the car would be headed to SS...
The killer was a road and track article that called the original ELISE a
formula ford with fenders...

The rumor around dodge was that with a limited slip the car most likely
would go to SS for a safe classing....merely a rumor....I logically went to
AS without a diff because of wheel spin

In any event, I would love to see an ELISE in BS...or CS but I think
someplace would have to freeze over first...

I agree, the front wheel is the cars down fall for autoX.  Currently, there
is no tire available unless a 205 Hoosier will fit but I here it rubs the
fender liner...(We have people looking into it).  Without a tire the car is
dead...so it does not matter where its classed...

ELISE to BS or CS....I like that...

Later
PatS