Re: Re: Lotus Elise

To: <randyc2@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Lotus Elise
From: "Gregg Lee" <gregg.lee@netzero.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:32:13 -0600
A lot of people who track their cars ("driver education" events and the
like) like to use alternate tires.  Even R tires.
Choice of tires is also an issue if it is classed for ST in Club Racing.
 So it's the same issue as autocross.  What "track" is Lotus thinking of?

All this sounds just like my Elan.  Soft springs, skinny wheels, no tire
clearance.  But of course it's 37 years old!  Apparently the Lotus
philosophy and quirks have survived all the ownership changes.  Maybe they
will build in a small oil drip to mark your parking place as well.

Gregg