RE: Heartland Park replies to autocrossers

To: Eric Salem <ebsalem1@cox.net>
Subject: RE: Heartland Park replies to autocrossers
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 21:59:14 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Eric Salem wrote:
> Based on your logic if I and 10 others bought a tank of gas at $3.30 /
> gallon you should still get yours for the $1.80 of a few years ago. Even
> though what you're will to pay is less than the cost to the retailer.

   Huh?  One of us is misunderstanding the other.  My point is simple.
HPT is crying a river about how the two SCCA National event are crippling
their business for two months, so they have to nickel and dime ( $50 and
$100 is more like it ) us to death on extra fees to make ends meet.

   The reality of the situation is quite different, unless for unknown
reasons they've waived the rental fees for all those other
September/October events.  Who else was going to pay HPT 50,000 dollars
to rent the track for one October Friday, like Runoffs-testers apparently
will?  Road America doesn't get that much for a summer weekend, much less
an off-season Friday.

   Explain to me how HPT isn't making money hand over fist on this deal,
even if they are donating a couple weekends.  And if they are donating the
facility for Nationals, who at SCCA HQ is getting our $100,000?

> Have you been to the new HPT yet?

   No.

--
 David Hillman