RE: Heartland Park replies to autocrossers

To: "'David Hillman'" <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Subject: RE: Heartland Park replies to autocrossers
From: "Eric Salem" <ebsalem1@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 21:23:36 -0500
Yah, but Mid Ohio did the same thing at the RunOffs.

Anybody that thinks a track does a big event like either of these for free
is kidding themselves. Mid-O's story after they lost it was the Runoffs were
half their annual take.

Why should HPT be any different? HPT probably does lose money on track
rental, they just make it up in other ways. That our solo fees when up we
moved from the decrepit, latrine-free, to a new built to SCCA specs
facility. Yah, we should have to pay for it. Flush toilets, showers got's ta
get paid for somehow.