Re: 265 Chrysler rods

To: "David Kernberger" <dkern@napanet.net>, <andrewrobson@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: 265 Chrysler rods
From: "The Becketts" <hillman@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 19:20:49 +1100
David Kenberger wrote:

>Furthermore, I do not know of a "265" Chrysler engine, but there
>are a lot of engines I do not know about.  By any chance, are you actually
>referring to early small-block Chevrolet v8 rods (ie 265, 283, etc)?  They
>are used extensively in these engines.
 .

David, I wonder if he was referring to the 265 Hemi 6-cylinder Chrysler
engine as used in the Australian Valiants of the mid-70's.  They were/are a
very potent engine, especially the one with the factory "6-pack" (triple
45DCOE Webers carbs).  They were quicker than the Ford Falcon GT-HO with the
big Cleveland V8 motors.    I must have a search of the net for these, there
must be a web site for the Australian Chrysler Valiant car clubs.  (These
are NOT the same as the US Plymouth Valiant - the first models of the early
60's were but later ones were home grown).

Ron Beckett
'86 Range Rover 4.6L

Editor, Webmaster & Database Manager Hillman Owners Club of Australia
http://www.hillman.org.au
Editor, Land Rover Owners Club of Australia (Sydney Branch)
http://www.localnet.com.au/~lroc
Personal web site http://www.users.bigpond.com/hillman